As adults, we try to avoid getting injured or sick, but sometimes, despite our best efforts, it just happens. It’s estimated that millions of people seek medical attention of some kind each week. There are many options for where you can go to seek medical treatment and one option you should strongly consider is going to your local urgent care clinic. Urgent cares can be found in most cities across the country and there are a number of reasons to visit them. This article will take a look at a few of those reasons.
- Urgent Care is Qualified to Give Medical Treatment: The first and most important reason to go visit urgent care is that they are fully qualified, with good doctors ratings, to provide medical treatment. Some might be of the opinion that urgent care isn’t the place to go for medical treatment, but they really are fully equipped to treat a variety of illnesses and injuries, and as previously mentioned, have good doctors ratings to recommend them.
- They Provide Annual Flu Shots: Another reason to visit urgent care is because they provide annual flu shots. No matter how old you are, it’s very important to get a flu shot each year to protect yourself. Urgent care provides a convenient means of receiving this shot each year.
- They Provide Treatment for Sports Injuries: A third reason to visit your local urgent care is because they can provide treatment for a variety of sports injuries. These include common sports injuries like sprained wrists and ankles, pulled muscles, and fractures received while playing sports, just to name a few examples. An urgent care clinic is fully qualified to diagnose and treat these injuries.
- They Perform X-Rays: A fourth reason to visit your local urgent care is because they can provide X-rays. If you know or suspect that you’ve fractured or broken a bone, you can simply walk in to the urgent care and they will take care of the X-rays and determine if you’ve broken or fractured any bones.
- They Test for STDs and HIV: Finally, a fifth reason to visit the local urgent care is because they provide testing for STDs and HIV. These are crucial tests because they can determine in a relatively short period of time if you or your partner have been infected with a sexually transmitted disease, or worse, HIV. If you even suspect you’ve been infected or exposed, it’s vital to be tested as quickly as possible, and going to urgent care makes it easy to be tested.
In conclusion, there are a number of reasons to go visit urgent care. These include the fact that urgent care is a fully qualified medical facility with good doctors ratings. Also, urgent care provides flu shots, treatment for sports injuries, X-rays, and testing for STDs and HIV. These are just a few of the reasons you should go visit your local urgent care clinic.