During the summer months, when the weather is finally nice and comfortable, there’s nothing better than taking a bike ride. In the spring of 2017, 66.21 million people in the United States had gone cycling in the last 12 months.
Not only is it fun and relaxing, but biking offers many health and environmental benefits.
- A 2017 study found that biking to work burns as much fat as spending 40 minutes at the gym five nights a week.
- According to research conducted by Glenn Stewart at Brunel University in London, cycling lowers the risk of premature death up to 30 percent, while the risk of developing cardiorespiratory diseases is reduced by about 40 percent.
- Energy and resources that are used for the creation of one single car can be used for creation of up to 100 bicycles.
- Bicycles save more than 238 million gallons of gas every year.
There are roughly one billion bicycles in the world-about twice as many as motor vehicles-and more than 100 million bicycles are manufactured each year. That means there’s a lot of bicyclists outdoors no matter where you go.
Whether you’re a novice, who’s asking ‘What is a track crankset?’ or a biking enthusiast looking to really put your own creative stamp on your bike, here are some things you can do to customize your ride and really make it stand out.
- Add color: Maybe you’ve got a couple of favorite colors and you want your entire bike to be a mix of those two colors. Maybe you want something really different and plan to use many colors. Whatever your pleasure is, one way to customize your bike is to add color components.
By adding color to your bike stems, track cranksets, bike pedals and other parts you’ll be able to really make your bicycle stand out.
- Spray Paint: If you love biking, one way to take your bicycle from boring to bright by going to town with some spray paint. If you want to change the existing color of your bike frame, you’re going to have to strip off the paint or sand it down. But once you’ve done that, you can take a can of paint and give your bike frame a whole new look. Be sure to use masking tape while you’re doing it, so you can cover areas that you don’t want covered by paint.
- Add decals: If you’re feeling really creative, why not deck your bike out in decal. Do you have a local bicycle shop that you frequent for parts and equipment? Show your support by slapping a decal on your bike. Whether you’re looking to support a sports team, a clothing brand, a bike shop or something else, there are many places that offer options for creating customizable decals that will really make your bike stick out.
- Customized parts: When you buy a bike, it will have all the necessary component for you to ride it right away. But if you’re into bike customization, chances are good that you’re going to want/need to pick up some parts to build just the bike you’re looking for.
If that’s the case, there are lot of options as far as customizable parts go. There’s customizable crank sets, bike stems, bike pedals, bike chains and countless other items.
One of the most important parts you’re need is a track crankset. What is a track crankset? Quite simply, it’s the part of the bike’s drivetrain that converts the pedaling motion of a rider into rotational motion that moves the chain attacked to the rear wheel. Cranksets come in many sizes and anyone wanting to customize their bike should consider the Bolt Circle Diameter (BCD) to find the best match.
Once you know all the parts of a bike and how they function, it should become much easier to customize your ride. No longer will you be asking, ‘What is a track crankset?’ Instead you’ll know what is a track crankset and you’ll know which one is the best for your bike.
There are many ways you can customize your bike, from adding a simple splash of color to adding customizable parts to adding decals. However you choose to customize your bicycle, have fun with it and make sure you’re following all the right steps if you’re adding customized parts to a bike.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.