You have lost weight by increasing your exercise and limiting your calories, but when you look in the mirror you are still not very happy with the image that you see in the morning mirror. You know that you look better when you smile, but the fact that your teeth are discolored often keeps you from smiling.
Cosmetic dentistry is a growing industry that is serving an increasing number of Americans. From dentures to implants and from teeth whitening to bonded esthetic fillings, oral surgeons and dentists continue to expand the services that they provide. The combination of regular cleanings, emergency dental appointments, and cosmetic procedures have lead to busy schedules for both dentists and oral surgeons.
Are You Happy with Your Appearance?
Even if you are a person who has excellent dental care habits, you still may not have the kind of smile that you want. Working with a cosmetic dentist or an oral surgeon, however, can help you find your best image. Consider some of these facts and figures about the dental industry, including the cosmetic services that are increasingly being offered:
- Statistics show that 96% of adults believe an attractive smile makes a person more appealing to members of the opposite sex.
- Many options exist to replace missing teeth, but many feel and look unnatural. Dental implants, on the other hand, provide the function, feel, and appearance of natural teeth.
- Impacted wisdom teeth are third molars located at the back of the mouth that do not have enough room to develop or emerge normally. These teeth, as a result are often removed. in fact, wisdom teeth removal is so common that it is an outpatient procedure performed on as many as 5 million Americans every year.
- Latest statistics indicate that only 10% of all U.S. dentists place implants. The number of dentists performing this procedure, though, continues to increase as more and more Americans look for cosmetic dentistry procedures.
- Estimates indicate that currently only 3 million people have implants. That number, however, is growing by as much as 500,000 a year.
Finding reasons to SMILE when you are embarrassed how your teeth look can be a challenge, but finding a dentist who can make you look your best!