In a time when entire companies are rethinking their travel plans and working toward ways to empower employees to work from home, it should come as no surprise that there are more and more health care locations looking for different types of IV pumps, infusion pumps, and other kinds of equipment. In fact, specific products like the CME bodyguard 121 infusion pump are sometimes difficult to get as hospitals, nursing homes, and other institutions stock up for what could be a long battle with the quickly spreading Coronavirus.
From stories in Omaha, Nebraska, where a 38 year old woman was sick for nearly 12 days before she was diagnosed with Coronavirus to other locations where entire cruise ships and airplanes have been diverted or redirected, the need for CME bodyguard 121 infusion pumps and other kinds of health care equipment that can be used to keep these diseases from spreading. Even when the nation is not preparing to battle a possible pandemic, there are many concerns about having the right right kind of hospital equipment to take care of all the different kinds of health conditions that many providers must face.
Reducing Errors Is a Top Concern for Many Kinds of New Health Care Equipment
When was the last time you had an extended stay in a hospital or other kind of health care setting. Whether you or a loved one have been in the hospital or in a nursing home or rehabilitation center, you have likely seen just how busy nurses and other medical personnel are. Finding a way to limit error and increase effectiveness are two of the goals of a CME bodyguard 121 infusion pump and other kinds of equipment is the goal and the automation of many different kinds of pumps mean that medical personnel are not tasked with manual programming.
Consider some of these facts and figures about the many ways that the latest medical equipment in used to help not only with daily medical concerns, but also with the diagnosis, care, and treatment of viruses that enter our lives:
- Manually and using an electric pump are the two ways to regulate the amount and rate of fluids given through an IV. Different kinds of medical equipment, like the CME bodyguard 121 infusion pump can make sure that a nurse’s job is allow for little error.
- Yielding a bioavailability absorption of 100%, intravenous therapy is considered the fastest way to deliver any kind of fluid or medication to the body.
- The two basic classes of infusion pumps are used for two very different kinds of tasks. For instance, large volume pumps provide nutrient solutions large enough to feed a patient while, in comparison, small-volume pumps infuse medicines or hormones.
- 86% of all patients admitted to hospital beds require an infusion pump, according to the Materiel Services (MS) department at the University of Michigan Health Systems.
- A solution that is know as 0.9% sodium chloride, the most common IV fluid is saline.
- Although they have seen many advancements, infusion pumps have been in use since the late 1960s.
- It is projected that the global infusion pumps market will be valued at $5,016 million by the year 2024.
- The average hospital will own or rent more than 35,000 SKUs of equipment at any one time, so facilities management plays an important role in making sure that all of this equipment works as it should.
- More than 10,000 people reach the retirement age of 65 each day in the U.S. every day. Knowing that there are often more health care needs in people as they age, it should come as no surprise that there are going to be increased costs of medical care in the future.
These are scary times for many Americans. As the scientists, doctors, and researchers across the country try to plan medically for what to do when there are many patients dealing with an increasing risk of medical problems it only makes sense that there are a number of ways that families can protect themselves. When you are sick, however, and fear that you have been exposed to a threatening virus the best thing to do is to self isolate. If symptoms worsen, to to the doctor. for testing.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.