More than ever, people in the United States are looking for alternative treatments for many health problems. As people look to do this, many of them look to chiropractors to help with a host of health conditions and problems. Here are some of the problems that they can help people deal with.
- Chiropractic clinics are great for lower back pain. The most common pain in the United States is lower back pain, according to research done by the National Institutes of Health (NIH). It has been estimated that at least 26 million American adults who are between the ages of 20 and 64 have some back pain. Every year, people around the country spend more than $50 billion to get relief from this kind of pain. Low back pain is one of the biggest parts of most chiropractic practices around the world. Chiropractors use spinal manipulation to get the spine into the best alignment and relieve lower back pain in people across the globe.
- Chiropractors are good at treating neck pain. The spinal manipulations that are done by chiropractors are also great for treating neck pain. Some research, put out by the Annals of Internal Medicine, suggests that spinal manipulations can be more effective at treating neck pain than drugs or other treatments. Other research shows that chiropractors can help people improve their range of motion and flexibility in their necks.
- Chiropractic care can help with headaches. Many headaches are caused by pain in the upper back and neck. When this is the case, going to a chiropractor can help help people who suffer from headaches. The manipulation done by chiropractors can loosen up tense and tight muscles, which can help prevent headaches and be very helpful to the people who suffer from them. This is especially good for people who suffer from chronic headaches.
- Chiropractors can help with knee pain. When people are considering what their options are for knee pain treatment, going to the chiropractor may not be the first thing they think of. When the knee pain in question is not caused by an acute injury, there are treatments that chiropractors can do to help people with knee pain when walking. What the chiropractors do is address the underlying issues that can cause chronic knee pain. Methods such as muscle massage can improve the flexibility and range of motion for the knee. They also use ultrasound equipment and ice to reduce inflammation and the pain that is associated with it.
- Chiropractors can help people lower their blood pressure. There are a lot of things people can do to alleviate their high blood pressure. New research has shown that proper chiropractic manipulation of the spine and neck can reduce people’s blood pressure. When the University of Chicago looked at this they found that just one session with a chiropractor where the neck was manipulated back into proper alignment had a dramatic drop in their blood pressure. Researchers said the impact of the session with the chiropractor was the same as when people take two doses of their blood pressure medication.
- Digestive problems can be helped with chiropractic care. Digestion has been linked to the nerves in the thoracic portion of the spine. That area comprises the abdomen and chest. Many people who have stomach pain also gave problems with their discs in that part of the spine. It has been shown that nearly 67% of all people with a herniated disc in this area of the spine also suffer from irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). By working on those discs and that are of the spine, chiropractors can help people who suffer from a host of digestive problems.
- Chiropractor help with pain from pregnancy. Pregnant women frequently suffer from aches and pains. They are often considered to be unavoidable during pregnancy. It has been found that when the pelvis is not aligned correctly, there will be a lot of pain in pregnancy. Some research has shown that as many as three quarters of all women who seek out care from a chiropractor will experience pain relief from the treatment.
Many people seek out help from chiropractors when they do not want to use drugs or have surgery to get relief from pain. The treatments work.