The Thanksgiving meals are not the same.
The family card games are not the same.
The televised football games are not the same.
The evening conversations are not the same.
As difficult as it is for your husband to continue to participate in and enjoy the turkey, the card games, the football games, and the conversations, he simply will not face the fact that he has hearing loss. And as often as you have visited him about the need for a hearing device, your husband refuses to talk about hearing aid prices, or even the option of going in to see what kind of hearing aid might work best.
You can only hope that after spending another holiday unable to participate in the things that he used to love so much, your husband will finally change his mind and see someone to find our what kind of help he might be able to get.
Convincing Yourself About to Talk to Someone About the Possibility of Hearing Aids Is an Important Step
Hearing evaluations can help determine what might be the best option for someone who is suffering from a hearing impairment. Invisible hearing aids allow many people to get the hearing assistance that they need in a very discreet way. Finding the solutions that you need so that you can enjoy the people you love the most and the work that you enjoy often depends on making sure that see the right audiologist.
If you are someone who is not able to hear the way that you used to, it is important to get the help that you need. Consider some of these facts and figures about hearing aids and the assistance that they can provide to people all across the country:
- 15% of Americans between the ages of 20 and 69 have high frequency hearing loss caused by exposure to loud sounds. This percentage is equivalent to 26 million people.
- Subjective tinnitus and objective tinnitus are the two types of tinnitus, and more than 99% of all reported tinnitus cases are subjective.
- Nearly 15% of the general public, or 50 million Americans, experience some form of tinnitus, according to U.S. Centers for Disease Control estimates.
- Estimates indicate that 900 million people throughout the world will be hearing impaired by the year 2025.
- 33% of all people has some degree of hearing loss by the age of 65.
- 15% of school-age children have some degree of hearing loss.
Hearing aid prices can be divided into monthly installments so that patients are able to afford the life changing assistance that they need. Taking the time to figure out hearing aid prices and the advantages of the different kinds available can help you enjoy the upcoming holidays.