Archive for March, 2016

    Hospitals in the Chicago Area Seeing an Uptick in Influenza Cases

    Find a doctor

    According to the Chicago Tribune, Chicago-area hospitals have been seeing an uptick in the number of flu cases this year — and it likely hasn?t peaked yet.

    Although many people see influenza as an annoying but routine part of the winter, for many high-risk groups this common contagion can be life-threatening, and even deadly. Very young children, older people, and individuals with compromised immune systems are all high risk groups. Common symptoms can include but aren?t limited to vomiting, fever, and fatigue.

    Finding a Hospital During Influenza Season

    In past years, Chicago?s flu season has always peaked in January. This year, though, experts are predicting that it won?t be until March that the final hump of patients visiting the hospital finally filter through. Alt

    Read more ...

    Speciality Geri Chairs Offer Greater Independence and Privacy

    High quality seating

    For people with disabilities or the elderly, comfortable seating can make all the difference and dramatically their quality of life. Geri chairs, power wheelchairs, shower commode chairs and bariatric seating can help people recover some of their mobility and control over everyday living. For caregivers too, speciality seating can be helpful by addressing safety issues for patients at risk of falling, and those needing special seating to accommodate their disabilities or medical conditions.

    Why is there a need for speciality seating?
    With an aging population and nearly one person in five suffering from some form of disability,

    Read more ...

    Your HR Department Should Be Using Benefits Administration Software

    Mobile hr software

    The human resources department plays a number of roles in a business. They cover everything from hiring new employees, to addressing employee misconduct, to managing employee benefits and compensation. Because they have such a wide range of responsibilities, it is crucial that HR workers remain organized. The best way to accomplish this is with the use of human resources software. Computer-based benefits administration tools allow the HR worker to easily manage each of their tasks, including the enrollment of new hires in large business or small business employee benefits packages. Some online human resources software also allows em

    Read more ...

    12 Ways to Avoid Mold Growth in Your Home

    Florida mold inspection

    After winter, we can find out homes feeling moldy and musty with all the rain, if we encountered much rain. This can cause a lot of problems to the indoor air quality of our homes. Mold remediation is a necessity as soon as any kind of mold inspection discovers where it is. You never want to let mold fester because it never goes away on it’s own. Even if the home is dry from then on out, mold will still grow and multiply quickly throughout the home causing major problems for the residence living there. There are many companies that specialize in mold remediation and will preform indoor air quality testin

    Read more ...

    A Healthy Lifestyle Doesn’t Have to Be Impossible!

    Be a beachbody coach

    A Healthy Lifestyle Doesn’t Have to Be Impossible
    Stop Hurting Yourself By Living an Unhealthy Lifestyle
    Need Help Taking That Leap Into Healthy Living?

    Living a healthy lifestyle and loosing weight sounds like it could be so easy, but in reality it is one of the most difficult tasks a person struggles with. It looks simple enough, right? Do a little exercise, don’t smoke, and instead of eating an entire sleeve of Oreos, maybe just have one or two… or an apple. But even doing one, let alone all, of these things is so hard. Of those select few who have the power to lose the weight, only 20% of the people can keep that weight off, the other 80% gain it right back. We have to fight through the difficulties so that we can live a much happier and healthier life. Here are some benefits to a healthier life:

    Read more ...